I remembered this post this morning after sitting behind a red Nissan GT r in the drive-thru lane at school drop-off.
I was only in the drive-thru drop-off lane because all the parking spaces were taken (Jr. Achievement awards at school I guess; thanks for that). Normally I park and walk the Kindergartener to his line, then go back to my car.
Not only did the red Nissan GT r violate #3 below, the driver was just generally ticking me off. The only bright spot was the adult safety patrol talking about my dog.
This post was originally published in January of 2013 on my old blog site at blogger.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Top (10) Reasons I’m not a School Safety Patrol Parent:
- Stupid people make me angry
- Just because you need to walk your precious snowflake to the front door is no reason to park in the middle of the drive-through lane.
- The signs that say “Do Not Block Handicapped Spaces” are there for a reason; NO, the reason isn’t just to annoy you.
- Walking your child across a busy street and not using the crosswalk is still jay-walking. Even if it’s inconvenient.
- I would go through a ticket book a day and they would all be marked “Failure to use common sense”.
- The Police Department would know me by name.
- Citizen’s arrests are still legal.
- I have the number for a towing company on speed dial.
- I don’t have a problem with telling people to STOP!
- I’m not afraid to make you go to the back of the line and wait your turn.